2016-2020 Corridor Strategic Plan Priorities
Priority 1: Attract/Retain Businesses
Attract and retain businesses for the Iowa Lakes Corridor region.
- Strategy 1: Provide a streamlined development process consistent among communities that makes it easy for businesses to choose the Corridor.
- Strategy 2: Tie strategies to attract businesses to individually developed city/county plans.
- Strategy 3: Target wind/STEM Industries to attract businesses in these industries to the Region.
- Strategy 4: Identify and maintain an inventory of prepared sites in every community/counties (large, medium, and small).
Priority 2: Entrepreneurship
Increase focus on entrepreneurship and programs to support and encourage entrepreneurs in the Iowa Lakes Corridor region.
- Strategy 1: Create opportunities for education and leadership development for entrepreneurship.
- Strategy 2: Leverage current entrepreneurs in the region to build a support system, mentor networks and programs for entrepreneurs.
- Strategy 3: Capitalize on succession opportunities.
- Strategy 4: Explore supply chain needs of companies in the Region and build opportunities to fulfill supply chain needs.
- Strategy 5: Facilitate entrepreneurship by immigrants and new arrivals by providing networking, technical assistance and financing solutions.
Priority 3: Workforce Development
Promote workforce development in the region.
- Strategy 1: Create and/or facilitate quality income opportunities.
- Strategy 2: Assist educational institutions in delivering workforce training programs and continuing workforce education.
- Strategy 3: Brand the Corridor as a preeminent job destination.
- Strategy 4: Leverage Home Base Iowa program to attract skilled veterans.
- Strategy 5: Integrate and retain newcomers by opening pathways of opportunity for health and career growth.
Priority 4: Housing
Facilitate growth of housing stock in the region to serve the needs of unique demographics and support population growth.
- Strategy 1: Provide assistance with financing for developers and access to capital for potential homeowners.
- Strategy 2: Evaluate and address the full spectrum of housing needs across the region.
- Strategy 3: Identify opportunities to enhance and develop partnerships to support housing initiatives.