The State of Iowa’s New Jobs Training Program (INJTP) is designed to provide education and training for new employees of new and expanding companies at little or no cost. This is a State of Iowa program not found anywhere else in the country.
The INJTP is very flexible and can be tailored to fit different situations. The training fund can be used for:
- On-the-job training (up to 50% of the total amount generated)
- Institutional and consultant services
- Training facilities, materials, training equipment and supplies
- Subcontracted services
- Travel to the training location
- Vocational and skill assessments, pre-employment screening and adult basic education
The amount of training funds available could equal 1 1/2 percent of the of the payroll withholding tax created by the new jobs. The jobs training partners in the Iowa Lakes Corridor are:
- Iowa Lakes Community College (ILCC), with campuses in Spencer, Estherville, Spirit Lake, Emmetsburg and Algona
- Iowa Central Community College (ICCC) with its campus in Storm Lake.
Both have developed specialized training for business and industry and provide excellent customized service for its clients. They continually develop new programs and curriculum to meet the changing and emerging needs of business and industry. For more information about ILCC visit http://www.iowalakes.edu/ and for ICCC visit http://www.iowacentral.edu/.
Many employers in the Iowa Lakes Corridor region also offer on-the-job training for new employees and specific skills training through our local community colleges.