HELP WANTED: Part-Time Bookkeeper
Monday, June 22, 2015
Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation
The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation is seeking a Part-Time Bookkeeper to start tentatively August 1st. The Part-time Bookkeeper obtains revenue and pays invoices by verifying and completing payable and receivable transactions.
- Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general bookkeeping
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Good phone and interpersonal skills
Accounts Receivable Payable Clerk Job Duties:
· Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
· Pays invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements; obtaining authorization of payment.
· Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments.
· Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
· Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
· Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
· Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
· Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
· Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
· Contributes to team effort.
This position is 8 to 12 hours per week, with limited paid holidays. No other benefits apply.
To apply, submit electronic cover letter and résumé to Kiley Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org by July 10.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation exists to foster, encourage, promote, aid or otherwise assist in the economic growth and development of Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson and Emmet counties.
Category: News Release