Business Education Partnerships
As part of its new area of emphasis - workforce - and facilitating the access by area employers to an adequate, well-trained workforce, the Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation has a business education partnerships professional on staff and working on key fronts to achieve this long-term goal.
- Facilitating partnerships with area shcool instructors, guidance counselors, administrators with area employers
- Promoting STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) Initiative to employers
- Organizing and executing career awareness activities or events with area high schools
- Partnering with other agencies to fully implement the Skilled Iowa (National Career Readiness Certification) program and become a Skilled Iowa Certified Region
- Continuing and expanding Junior Achievement (JA) programming across all elementary schools/classrooms in the regio
- Producing Hot Jobs Cool Companies videos and other media to showcase job/career/business opportunities in the region
- Recognizing and matching employers and education in new or expanded partnerships
- Facilitating new, better or different ways to provide training opportunities for all ages in order to meet employer workforce needs
To learn more about business education partnerships in the Corridor region, the role we are playing and/or to get involved either indivdiually or through your business, contact Kiley Miller.