Resources for Disaster Relief Efforts

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are now authorized to provide assistance to Buena Vista, Cherokee, Clay, Emmet, Lyon, O'Brien, Plymouth, and Sioux Counties. The Governor will continue to request additional counties as more information is collected. The Iowa Individual Assistance Grant Program is no longer available in counties where the FEMA Individual Assistance Program has been made available and residents should apply for the FEMA Individual Assistance Program.

In addition, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance Program has been activated for Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson, Emmet, Lyon, O’Brien, Osceola, Plymouth, and Sioux Counties. The Public Assistance Program provides funding for emergency work, such as debris removal and emergency protective measures. 


Business & Nonprofit Assistance

Contact the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) to apply for an SBA Disaster Loan. Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information, and download applications at You can also call SBA's Customer Service Center at 1-800-659-2955 or email for more information on SBA disaster assistance. For anyone who is deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services.

In addition, small businesses, agricultural cooperatives, and private, nonprofit organizations impacted by the severe weather may be eligible to apply for working capital loans.  

Individual Assistance

Individuals who sustained personal losses in the designated areas can start applying for assistance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) . Call 1-800-621-3362 from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., 7 days a week.  Anyone using a relay service, such as video relay service (VRS), captioned telephone service or others, can give FEMA the number for that service. Other options include registering online at or downloading the FEMA app.

Homeowners, renters, businesses and nonprofit organizations whose property was damaged or destroyed by this disaster may be able to apply for low-interest disaster loans from the SBA.

Business Displacement

The Corridor is working to connect businesses whose operations have been displaced with available local office space. Please click the appropriate button below and complete our short form, and someone from our office will be in contact with you.

Displaced and need office space? Have available office space?