No Image Available
Posted on: October 14, 2021 • Category: Finance
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay Type: Salary
Compensation: Based on experience
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Phone 1: 7123244854
P.O. Box 280
Sheldon, IA 51201
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience in a dynamic manufacturing environment with cost accounting experience a plus.
- Ability to apply knowledge of GAAP & Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products suite (primarily Excel and Word/PowerPoint), Advanced Excel skills preferred.
- Ability to analyze complex financial data including price and cost analysis, development of the standard costing rates and monitoring performance.
- The successful candidate will have knowledge of standard cost and ERP systems, EPICOR experience preferred
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
The Cost Accountant will assist the Controller, CFO, and Director of Manufacturing/Operations in managing costs, assets and budgeting/planning for manufacturing operations. The CA provides support to the management team by compiling financial data, analyzing cost variances, preparing reports, maintaining controls to ensure accurate job costing, inventory and related financial data information to assist leaders in making quality & timely financial decisions.
- Develop and maintain standard product costs to ensure proper financial reporting and job costing
- Ensure the maintenance of proper controls and processes associated with inventory valuation.
- Assist in analysis and review of the excess and obsolete inventory.
- Prepare Inventory and related asset/collateral reporting
- Monitor cycle counts by auditing and reporting, assist as needed with cycle count/physical inventories
- Prepare and analyze cost accounting data including material and labor variances
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile cost of goods sold, and inventory accounts
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Coordinate with various departments for system issues, production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, IT, receiving, shipping, etc.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies regarding cost analyses, profitability and “make versus buy” decisions.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
- Support and assist department reporting requirements such as audit/tax schedules.
- Analyze weekly, monthly KPI reports for employee/dept productivity and material utilization
- Manage preparation and plan for annual Financial Budgeting and coordinates monthly completion of reporting variances to plan.
- Coordinate the preparation and execution of annual standard cost roll up.
- Analyzes data that assists in the performance KPI review for L.I.F.T. Plan (Employee Gainsharing Plan)
At Rosenboom, our employees are the number one reason for our success! Our growing company is looking for a Cost Accountant to join our team! Rosenboom is founded on strong values and commitment to our customers as well as our employees.
About the Company:
Rosenboom....Where PEOPLE Matter! Rosenboom is a progressive manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders and assemblies with facilities in Sheldon and Spirit Lake, Iowa, Bowling Green, Ohio, Yantai and Shanghai, China. Rosenboom specializes in production of custom hydraulic cylinders for OEM’s in the mobile, aerial, construction, refuse, and agricultural equipment market.
See some of our great benefits below:
- Competitive wages
- $2600 Sign-on bonus
- No experience necessary
- Day & Nightshifts available
- Highest shift differential in the area
- Nightshift – Monday through Thursday (Iowa locations)
- Full, part-time and temp positions available
- Consistent weekly hours with optional overtime/double time shifts available
- No Sunday work
- Excellent benefits; paid-time-off & holidays
- Clean, comfortable, work environment
- Spanish speaking only candidates welcome (Iowa only)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Direct deposit into pay card or bank account
- Openings in Spirit Lake & Sheldon, IA and Bowling Green, OH
EOE – Veterans & Disabillity