Professional Developers of Iowa (PDI) announces 2022 Board of Directors
16 Nov 2021
Professional Developers of Iowa (PDI) Announces 2022 Board of Directors
Des Moines, IA — At the Annual Business Meeting of the Professional Developers of Iowa (PDI), the membership elected the following individuals to serve as the 2022 board officers:
- Shannon Landauer, CEcD (President & CEO, Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation) — President
- Drew Kamp (President & CEO, Council Bluffs Area Chamber of Commerce) — Vice President
- Kay Snyder (Communications Director, Iowa Area Development Group) — Treasurer
- James Hoelscher, CEcD (Senior Program Manager, UNI Institute for Decision Making) — Past President
The following were newly elected to join the board of directors:
- James K Bowman (Senior Business Attraction Manager, Alliant Energy) — Board Member
- Nicolas Hockenberry (Director of Workforce Solutions, Greater Dubuque Development Corporation) — Board Member
- Angela Rheingans (Executive Director, DeWitt Chamber & Development Company) — Board Member
Additional members continuing with the PDI board of directors:
- Beth Balzer (Manger, Business Development, IEDA) — Board Member
- Dennis Fraise, CEcD (President & CEO, Lee County Economic Development Group) — Board Member
- Nick Glew (President, Marion Economic Development Corporation) — Board Member
- Rachel Gocken (Executive Director, Warren County Economic Development Corporation) — Board Member
- Kiana Johnson, EDFP (Executive Director, O’Brien County Economic Development) — Board Member
- Mindy Stalker (Talent Development, Union County Development Association) — Board Member
Founded in 1973, with current membership of over 300, PDI is an organization dedicated to advancing the professionalism of economic development and its members through a wide range of programs and services. As an association, PDI provides professional training that helps its members do a better job for their community. PDI creates an atmosphere of support and offers an instant network of seasoned experts for local professionals to seek advice and support.
“It is really a special time to have the opportunity to serve as the president of Professional Developers of Iowa,” said Shannon Landauer, CEcD, PDI president. “I follow many of my mentors in leading the organization. With the leadership of Governor Reynolds and Director Durham, we have a significant amount of money being invested in the state for community development and infrastructure projects to support economic development efforts. Aligning the objective of PDI to be a premier organization and connecting our members to information will be priorities throughout the year. I appreciate having this opportunity and look forward to being connected to the members throughout the year!”
Learn more about PDI at www.pdiowa.com or www.facebook.com/ProfessionalDevelopersOfIowa.
About Professional Developers of Iowa
The Professional Developers of Iowa is a statewide organization of more than 300 professional economic developers. PDI's purpose is to further the development of the economic base of Iowa by fostering cooperation among economic development professionals in the state and affording professional economic developers a vehicle for assembly and collective expression. PDI also provides timely educational opportunities to enhance professional knowledge, growth, and effectiveness, and advocates for economic development on the local, state, and national levels.