Senior VP of Economic Development
Job Title: Senior Vice President of Economic Development
Reports To: President & CEO
Post Date: May 17, 2023
The Organization: The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation is a four-county regional economic development organization serving Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson and Emmet counties in northwest Iowa. The organization’s mission is “to foster, encourage, promote, aid or otherwise assist in the economic growth and development of the four-county region.”
Primary activities of the Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation include business retention, expansion, and transition; business attraction; entrepreneurship programming; housing and workforce development; community development; legislative advocacy.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Senior Vice President of Economic Development will provide primary support to the President/CEO and lead successful business and community development projects for the Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation communities. The Vice President will deliver the EDO's goals by developing and implementing business development programs and strategies, supporting community development projects, providing oversight of marketing programs, and overall project management.
Our Ideal Candidate:
The Senior Vice President of Economic Development should ideally be an expert on economic development practices to support existing and prospective businesses and development opportunities that sustain and grow the region. The successful candidate will be able to use relevant social, political, and economic trends and fact-based data to effectively assess the needs for the community/county and communicate the economic development prospects and progress toward its short and long-term goals. This individual will be adept at evaluating the financials of business opportunities and an understanding of how it impacts the financial condition of the city.
- Lead entrepreneurship and startup strategy for the region.
- Market business park(s), sites and buildings-promoting the sale of lots and the orderly development of projects within these locations.
- Lead the marketing effort to promote the region’s business advantages.
- Maintain active involvement with local and regional associations and organizations to advance the region’s economic development priorities.
- Identify, develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners through which collaborative efforts would further the mission of the EDO and community.
- Provide support to Corridor communities with local projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of progressive work experience in economic development project management and/or economic development operations
- College degree in business, economics, public administration, or related field is preferred
- Previous sales/client management experience is a plus
Qualified candidates should send resume (with references), cover letter, and salary expectations to the Iowa Lakes Corridor by mail or e-mail as noted below. The interview process will be ongoing until a candidate is hired.
Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation
520 2nd Avenue East, Suite 2
Spencer, IA 51301