At MWI Components (Metal Works, Inc), we strive to provide specialized metal products for customers in the post-frame building industry. We are a one-stop shop located in Spencer, IA that manufactures and distributes a wide variety of products. Our customer base reaches all 50 states and Canada. Our products are found in the construction of metal-clad post frame buildings, equestrian complexes, garages, storage buildings, commercial buildings, steel frame and residential buildings.
See what MWI is about https://www.mwicomponents.com/apply
Benefits of being a MWI Professional!
Health, Dental & Vision Insurance ∙ Life & Accident Insurance ∙ 401K Matching ∙ Profit Sharing ∙ Weekly Pay ∙ Cash Bonus Incentives ∙ Paid Time Off ∙ Paid Holidays ∙ Weekday Schedule ∙ Air-Conditioned Working Environment
Associate Design and Process Engineer
Under the direction of the Engineer, the Associate Design and Process Engineer performs general design and drafting projects using CAD and implementing engineering solutions on the production floor.
Position: MWI West Facility, in Spencer! Full Time; Monday – Friday
MWI Components is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Transforms product designs into working documents using CAD; creates 2D & 3D modeling documents for reference materials, product sheets and catalogs
2. Understand machine and manufacturing processes and apply knowledge of these processes for general research and design work on the production floor
3. Create the Bill of Material for new product offerings within the MRP system
4. Ability to use accounting and time studies to build accurate cost analysis
5. Support the general setup and programming for shop machinery
6. Establish and build relationships with vendors for completing quotes on piece parts
7. Participate in cross functional teams to ensure continuous on-going improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs
8. Comply with all quality, safety and sanitation regulations
9. Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
Requires a minimum of two years of college, with certificate or degree, or five years of related work experience.
Ability to calculate distances, dimensions and angles for the purpose of completing product design drawings.
Spencer, Clay, Iowa 51301