Plant Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift)
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 12:00am (midnight) - 8:00am Farmers Union Industries, LLC, also known as FUI, is a leading agricultural-based manufacturing company headquartered in Redwood Falls, MN. Our current operations include Central Bi-Products, Northland Choice, Midwest Grease, Artex Manufacturing, Redwood Farms Meat Processors, and Performance Pet Products. Please visit our website at fuillc.com to learn more! Central Bi-Products is a full-service rendering company that operates out of three locations to produce safe, sustainable feed ingredients. Better feed makes better food. Learn more about what we do at centralbi.com/.
We are seeking a Plant Maintenance Technician to join our 3rd shift team in Estherville, IA! We offer a starting wage of $24.67/Hr. plus $1/Hr. night shift & $2/Hr. weekend shift differentials and regular pay increases. Our complete benefits package includes health, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, an impressive 401K match, and much more! Areas of Accountability All areas of accountability to be delivered with GRIT - our values of Generosity, Relationships, Integrity, and Teamwork Plant Maintenance Technicians maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and install various types of equipment throughout the plant. The technician functions in a team environment but must also be able to work independently as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely following all company safety policies, practices, procedures and improvement initiatives
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and service all material handling and production equipment in all areas of the facility
- Operate bobcats, forklifts, farm tractors, bucket trucks, boom trucks, and aerial lifts
- Correctly operate welders, acetylene torches, and air plasma cutters
- Maintain all liquid (water, grease, or oil) distribution systems
- Record data and analyze information to determine inconsistencies that may require corrective action
- Correctly operate and maintain equipment and tools required for fabrication and maintenance
- General housekeeping duties, including painting and/or scrubbing with detergent solutions
- Situations may arise that require employees to temporarily or permanently assume responsibility for tasks not specifically outlined in this job description.
- Employees may be requested to work additional hours and/or accommodate a heavier than normal work load.
- High school diploma/GED or higher
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with a mechanical and/or electrical discipline
- Ability to correctly operate welders, acetylene torches, and air plasma cutters
- Knowledge of safety procedures including but not limited to: confined space entry, line opening, fall protection, lockout tagout, and hot work
- Occasionally push and/or pull heavy objects (approx. 200 lbs. max)
- Occasionally lift up to 100 lbs. from floor to waist level Frequently bend at the waist and/or knees
- Frequently climb stairs and/or ladders (up to 40 ft.)
- Ability to distinguish colors (i.e., wire codes)
- Tolerance of varying environmental conditions – heat, cold, and/or wet and slippery conditions
- Effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers and follow written and/or verbal instructions
- Accurately read and understand signs, labels, warnings, directions, operator manuals, service manuals, and wiring schematics associated with the maintenance and/or operation of instruments and equipment
- Accurately perform basic mathematical skills
- Ability to work varying shifts or extra hours on short notice to fill in for absent co-worker, accommodate a heavier than normal workload, or to assist with special projects
Central Bi Products
Estherville, Iowa 51334